Announcement: Medical camps at Dhagpo Sheydrub Ling Monastery and Sharminub Monastery, Kathmandu/Nepal 2015-05-06
Date: May 25-28, 2015
From 25 May to 28 May, His Holiness the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa Trinlay Thaye Dorje, will inaugurate Dhagpo Sheydrub Ling, the new monastery of Sherab Gyaltsen Rinpoche. Sherab Gyaltsen Rinpoche is a highly respected master of the Karma Kagyu lineage. He is known as a maniwa, an honorific title for a Buddhist teacher who has led others to repeat the mantra of Chenresig at least one billion times.
Venue: Sharminub Monastery, Raniban/Kathmandu/Nepal (1300m ASL)
Date: June 2-8, 2015
On 31 May, His Holiness the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa Trinlay Thaye Dorje, will go to the Shar Minub Institute in Kathmandu for the 1-year anniversary ceremony of the passing of His Holiness Kunzig Shamar Rinpoche. The 14th Shamar Rinpoche, Mipham Chokyi Lodro, passed from this life on 11 June 2014 in Germany. From 2-8 June 2015, Karmapa will lead aspiration prayers for the swift return of his teacher and Karma Kagyu lineage holder Shamar Rinpoche.
During this two weeks of ceremonies the KHCP-DHK will provide two grand medical camps at both places.
Again like last year we expect to treat hundreds of people every day. Our team consist on medical professions from Kathmandu and Europe. But we are still looking for more medical helpers and volunteers from Europe.
And of course every small donation is welcome to buy all the necessary medicaments.
Enlarge the pictures
by mouseover or click!
- KHCP-medical team visited Dhagpo Sheydrub Ling Monastery in the building phase 2013
- Sharminub Monastery and retreat center of Shamar Rinpoche
Donation AccountAccount holder: KHCP e.V.
Bank: Postbank Hamburg
Sort code: 20010020
Account No.: 12225201
IBAN: DE66 2001 0020 0012 2252 01
Or donate the money directly here
Online via Paypal
Last medical camp (June 2014) during cremation of Shamar Rinpoche at Sharminub Monastery, Kathmandu/Nepal
- Thousands of devotees doing prayers every day...
- ...and Karmapa leading the pujas around the kudung before the cremation
- ... and meanwhile the KHCP starts its medical camp
- ... with hundreds of urgent treatments every day
- The medical team after their two-weeks-job
Last medical camp at Dhagpo Sheydrub Ling School, Kathmandu/Nepal
during grand Mani pujas of Sherab Gyaltsen Rinpoche
- Sherab Gyaltsen Rinpoche leading the Mani pujas
- ...hundreds of practitioners waiting for medical support
- One of the medical work places
- Dental treatments
- KHCP-medical team with the full school class of Sherab Gyaltsen Rinpoche