- Mahabodhi Temple (Bodhi tree) Bodh Gaya/India
- Nyingma Gompa Bodh Gaya/India
- Monastery of Beru Khyentse Rinpoche
- Rumtek Guesthouse
- Monlam Committee tent
Date: Dec 14-20, 2013
Medical treatments: about 2000 persons
The Kagyu Monlam 2013 took place between December 14 and 20, with thousands of devotees in attendance. Many Rinpoches and high lamas graced the event with their presence, led by His Holiness the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje, first-ranking lama in the Karma Kagyu lineage – His Eminence Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche, His Eminence Beru Khyentse Rinpoche, and many others.
- Gyalwa Karmapa opens the Monlam
Enlarge the pictures
by mouseover or click!
For the sixth time this year, the KHCP - Karmapa´s Healthcare Project provided free medical checkups and healthcare for participants in the Monlam as well as the local population.
The KHCP's staff consisted of a total of forty-two people, all of them voluntary helpers: general practitioners, dentists, physiotherapists, Tibetan medicine, acupuncturists, nurses, assistants, organisers and helpers from a total of twelve countries. Over 2,000 patients were treated during the Monlam.
The KHCP-team had two audiences with Gyalwa Karmapa. Karmapa appreciates very much this medical camp activity.
- The KHCP has its medical station right here at the Bodhi Tree
Monks, nuns and Western helpers collaborate at the information stall of the KHCP. It is also a place to meet all the directors of the schools and monasteries.
- KHCP info desk in the Monlam Committee tent
Our service at the Bodhi tree
- Our medical team is working on site
- plenty of dressings ...
- skin treatments ...
- hundreds of acupuncture treatments
KHCP-Medical room in the Nyingma-Gumpa (hostage for 3000 Kagyü buddhists)
- Three of the diverse work places
- Eight dentists working with two portable units simultanously
- Anna provides Tibetan medicine
Beru Khyentse Rinpoche's monastery
- Gyalwa Karmapa giving a Chenresig initiation ...
- ... to more than 2000 people
- ...Karmapa blesses the KHCP-team after
Last day of the Monlam at the Bodhi tree
The KHCP team (represented by 5 persons) offers a mandala to H.H. Gyalwa Karmapa ...
- Dr.med.Joanna (physician)
- Dr.med.Thorsten (orthopedist and medical coordinator)
- Gabriele dental team)
- Dr.med.Sonam (physician)
- Dr.med.Mirjam (gerontologist)
- Final flower offering
- Waiting for Gyalwa Karmapa
- Gyalwa Karmapa and the medical team (12 nations)
- In the evening the final dinner with all KHCP helpers (42 people) from East and West
The next Monlam medical camp will probably take place within Dec.15-21, 2014.
Dentists, nurses and physio therapists are still needed.
See you soon!
Any travel costs are paid privately. This also applies to all helpers.
All activities are carried out voluntarily and the full amount of donations is forwarded directly and personally to Karmapa’s monks, nuns and accordingly to KHCP projects in Asia.
DONATE NOW >>