Annual Report 2017 of KHCP
Dear KHCP friends,
like in the previous years, we once again thank our supporters from our very hearts. A total of about 82.000€ was raised and – like in all the previous years – these funds will be swiftly allocated to their purpose.
Regrettably this is a damp down so that we have to say, that we can´t meet all the demands confidently.
Dr. Sonam and his team of Dhulikhel Hospital Kathmandu University Hospital have once again travelled the Himalayas, setting up countless medical camps and helping monks, nuns and also laymen alike. Throughout the year, we provide you with detailed reports on their work via Facebook and our website.
The Kagyu Monlam 2017 took place between December 14 and 22, with thousands of devotees in attendance.
For the 10th time this year, the KHCP - Karmapa´s Healthcare Project provided free medical checkups and healthcare for participants in the Monlam as well as the local population. This year a team of 30 voluntary helpers treated about 1.800 patients: general practitioners, dentists, TTM practitioners, physiotherapists, acupuncturists, nurses, assistants, organisers and helpers from a total of seven nations.
Now over 10 years we have been reliable and have enable more than 35.000 treatments here at the Monlam!
Also this time Karmapa took the time to hold a 3nd Karma Kagyu Meeting with all leaders of Karma Kagyu Institutes and Projects, in which Dr. Sonam represented our project.
If you want to take part in this unique experience in the future, just contact us at
Our deepest appreciation and heartfelt thanks to every supporter! Because of you, we are able to reach so many people with our help. Have a look at the chart with the current amount of donations by visiting the welcome page of our website.
For 2018, we need to collect a minimum of 100,000 Euros a year to be able to provide the most basic of medical treatments.
Please be so kind and look if you are able to establish a standing donation order – it will benefit plenty friends in the Himalayas.Yours, Pia and Peter, the KHCP team and the board of directors of Karmapa's Healthcare Project e.V.
Find out more about all of last year's important activities on our website (> What we do > NEWS). http://www.karmapa-healthcare.org/news
Or connect with KHCP on Facebook and read many smaller blogs there. www.facebook.com/karmapahealthcareproject
All KHCP-medical camps in 2017
- Dec. 2017: 10th Anniversary KHCP-Medical Camp at Kagyu Monlam in Bodhgaya/India
- Dec. 01, 2017: KHCP-Medical-Dental-Camp at Healtcare Center at Sharminub Kathmandu
- Nov. 2017: KHCP-Medical-Dental-Camp at Karma Dupgyud Choeling Monastery Leh, Ladakh
- Oct. 2017: KHCP-Medical-Dental-Camp at Tilopa Buddhist Institute, Kangra, H.P. India
- Oct. 2017: KHCP-Checkups and health instructions at Dhargye Chokhor Ling Monastery in Bodhgaya/India
- Aug. 14, 2017: KHCP-Medical-Dental-Camp at Healtcare Center at Sharminub Kathmandu
- May 6, 2017: KHCP-Checkups at Healtcare Center Sharminub during Karmapa birthday celebration in Kathmandu
- Febr. 5, 2017: KHCP-Checkups at Healtcare Center at Sharminub Kathmandu
Account Holder: KHCP e.V.