Annual Report 2016 of KHCP
Dear KHCP friends,
like in the previous years, we once again thank our supporters from our very hearts. A total of about 88.000€ was raised and – like in all the previous years – these funds will be swiftly allocated to their purpose.
Dr. Sonam and his team of Dhulikhel Hospital have once again travelled the Himalayas, setting up 18 medical camps and helping monks, nuns and also laymen alike. Throughout the year, we provide you with detailed reports on their work via Facebook and our website.
The 9th Monlam Medical Camp was as successful as always. More than 30 helpers from the “East and West” were involved and managed to treat about 1800 people.
Karmapa took the time to hold a 2nd meeting with all leaders of Karma Kagyu Institutes and Projects, in which Dr. Sonam represented our group. If you want to take part in this unique experience in the future, just contact us at
We would like to thank Ulrike for her volunteer work as a tax counsellor. Due our growth, this task could no longer be taken care of by volunteers and was therefore handed over to tax advisor company Connex. For contribution receipts (only for German donations exceeding 200 Euros/year) please contact
Our deepest appreciation and heartfelt thanks to every supporter! Because of you, we are able to reach so many people with our help. Have a look at the chart with the current amount of donations by visiting the welcome page of our website.
For 2017, we need to collect a minimum of 100,000 Euros a year to be able to provide the most basic of medical treatments.
We got the request to now also taking responsibility for another Karma Kagyu monastery – Ray Monastery - located above Rumtek with about 65 new friends. We try our best to fundraise the needed donations for that.
Thanks to all the friends everywhere! COME TOGETHER
Pia and Peter, the KHCP team and the board of directors of Karmapa's Healthcare Project e.V.
Find out more about all of last year's important activities here on our website (> What we do > NEWS).
Or connect with KHCP on Facebook and read many smaller blogs there.
All KHCP medical camps in 2016
- 12-2016: 9th KHCP-Medical Camp at Kagyu Monlam in Bodhgaya/India
- 11-2016: KHCP-DHK-Medical-Dental-Optician Camp at Matepani Monastery in Nepal
- 11-2016: KHCP-DHK-Medical-Dental-Optician Camp at Jangchub Choeling Monastery in Pokhara/Nepal
- 9-2016: KHCP Medical-Optician Camp in Rumtek/Sikkim/India
- 08-2016: KHCP/DHK-Medical- and Optician Camp in Takdah/Darjeeling/India
- 30.8.2016: Medical Camp at Shedra Kalimpong/India/Westbengal
- 22.08.2016: KHCP Medical Camp in Rumtek/Sikkim/India
- 08-2016: Checkups and health instructions at Dhargye Chokhor Ling Monastery in Bodhgaya/India
- 20.07. - 07.08.2016: Medical Tour to Kalimpong, Darjeeling and Sikkim/India/Westbengal
- 06-2016: Medical-Dental-Optician-Camp at Sangey Choeling Monastery, Kimdol, Swayambhu/Nepal (Monastery of Lopön Tsechu Rinpoche)
- 05-2016: Medical-Dental-Optician-Camp at Lhundrup Choling Monastery, Bhudhanilkantha in Kathmandu Valley/Nepal of Sang Sang Rinpoche
- 05-2016: Medical-Dental-Camp at Healtcare Center at Sharminub Kathmandu
- 05-2016:Medical-Dental-Optician-Camp at nunnery of Sherab Gyaltsen Rinpoche in Kathmandu/Nepal
- 04-2016: KHCP-Medical-Optician-Dental-Camp - BIA Sertshang Orphanage Kathmandu/Nepal
- 04-2016: Medical-Dental-Optician-Camp at monastery of Shangpa Rinpoche in Kirtipur/Nepal
- 04-2016: Medical-Dental-Checkups at Karma Tharye Monastery of Beru Kyentse Rinpoche in Boudha/Kathmandu
- 04-2016: Neurological Medicalcamp - BIA Sertshang Orphanage Kathmandu/Nepal
- 01-2016: KHCP-DHK-Medical-Cardio-Dental Camp at Dhagpo Sheydrub Ling Monastery in Nala/Nepal
Account holder: KHCP e.V.