Annual Report 2010
Febr. 28, 2011
Dear friends of KHCP,
Karmapa´s Healthcare Project is celebrating its 5th anniversary!
This year we continued growing and opened two more institutes, which adds up to a total of 11 monasteries/schools of the Kagyu lineage benefitting from our project. A warm welcome to our new institutes, Beru Khyentse Rinpoche’s Karma Gompa in Bodhgaya, India, and Shangpa Rinpoche’s nunnery in Mustang, Nepal!
According to Karmapa’s request, the KHCP has established a worldwide network of friends.
This has helped us provide regular and effective healthcare for around 800 people per year. In addition, we provide health education. All people involved are invited to contribute to their own health care independently, making use of modern technology!
An additional activity that is of great importance to the KHCP is its medical camps. These allow us to reach many thousands of people every year in situ in India and the Himalayas.
We are supported by healthcare professionals, advisors and supporters from around the world, which allows us to open small clinic units in the near future.
This, and the support of H. E. Shamar Rinpoche and Beru Khentse Rinpoche, have made the planning of the first KHCP clinic unit in Bodh Gaya possible.
We heartily welcome anybody who would like to support the activities of the KHCP.
We need people with competence, energy, and, of course, donations.
If you would like to find out more about the work of the KHCP, just visit our website www.karmapa-healthcare.org
There our “NEWS” contains information on the most important activities of the last year, therefore here are only a few highlights in bullet points
- Big European promotional tour with many invitations to e.g. the UK, Germany, Denmark, Czech, France, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, but also to Hong Kong
- pan-European clothes collection, all clothes arrived in Bodhgaya, India, and were distributed there
- Sherab Gyaltsen Rinpoche’s nuns in Kathmandu and Sharmapa’s, Nedo Rinpoche’s institutes and Karmapa´s nuns in Rumtek carried out their first self-organised medical camps.
- Students of the Sheidra in Kalimpong opened this year’s medical camp for the local population and thereby added a social component to their work.
- At present all institutes are running health care courses. A qualified team from Europe visits and teaches at all localities. Another team of healthcare professionals will visit the institutes at a later time.
- We are planning to hold a large-scale public medical camp in Ladakh in March 2011. We will include local schools in our project.
- The highlight of 2010 was undoubtedly the medical camp in Bodhgaya. More than 40 healthcare professionals and helpers of different countries and from three continents came together to help over 4000 people during the Kagyu Mönlam. All of this coincided with the 90th anniversary of H.H. 1st Karmapa Düsum Khenpa.We are happy about our many new friends and are hoping for further growth!
Our slogan: Healthcare – Education – Interaction
Thank you to all of our friends worldwide! COME TOGETHER
Pia and Peter Cerveny and the team of Karmapa’s Healthcare Project e.V.
KHCP is the official social project for the healthcare subject, founded and authorized by H.H. 17th. Karmapa Thaye Dorje. KHCP is a nonprofit-organization with its seat in Germany. All activities are carried out voluntarily and the full amount of donations is forwarded directly and personally to Karmapa’s monks, nuns and accordingly to KHCP projects in Asia.
Donation account: KHCP e.V., Postbank Hamburg, bank code: 20010020, account No.: 12225201
IBAN: DE66200100200012225201 BIC/SWIFT: PBNKDEFF or use Paypal via our website
Registered as charitable non-profit organization at Amtsgericht Kiel/Germany (VR5468KI), Tax-No.: 19/292/73056 Finanzamt Kiel