Policy and Service list of the KHCP
1.) Medical prevention and services
- Annual basic check-ups on site carried out by our KHCP doctors or organized by themselve
- Every one to two years dental prevention carried out by our dental team or organized by themselve
- Specific prevention program for nuns - please contact KHCP
- Setting up an in-house pharmacy on site, including training of 2 to 3 persons who will be responsible for it
- Setting up patient data files to prevent and to keep track on illnesses
- Upon consultation, therapies and surgeries at Dhulikhel Hospital; if agreed on in advance, necessary travelling costs are also refunded within the usual scope
- Emergency treatment in a hospital or by a local doctor; complete or partial refund only if the responsible KHCP doctor is informed immediately.
- In general, financial aid is granted for surgeries, which will be decided on by the KHCP doctors together with the KHCP board of directors depending on the situation. The school administration or the family of the patient can be asked to contribute to the costs.
- Medical camps are settings where we offer ambulatory care or where the next medical steps are determined. All medical services are free of charge for monks and nuns. Of course, all staff members of the monasteries and schools can also consult our doctors. If possible, also the poor local population shall come to the KHCP medical camps. It would be good if the monastery helps with the organization and informs the public
- Refund of costs for medicine always only upon prior consultation with the KHCP doctor
- Minor costs for small sanitary or medical articles should be taken over by each individual himself or herself in order not to minimize the strength of the fund
- Payment of the costs of other doctors and hospitals has to be agreed upon in advance by the KHCP doctor
- It is our medium term plan to set up so-called clinic rooms at some locations, so that the monastery and the local population can be provided with constant healthcare support.
- Health promoting equipment can be purchased for certain projects. Please send your proposals to
This includes e.g. bathroom/toilet renovation, water purification systems, washing machines etc.
The KHCP aims at autonomy of the institutes, i.e. we offer medical training to interested non-specialist persons:
- Learning how to handle non-prescription medication, i.e. the in-house pharmacy.
- Learning therapeutic methods, such as massage, acupressure, first aid, dietetics, hygiene etc.
In this regard, the KHCP doctors will make suggestions for each monastery and school
- Workshops and medical training
Anyone who is interested in these possibilities should talk to one of our physicians when they visit or contact KHCP directly by email, and then corresponding suggestions will be developed.
For example, a socio-medical month at Dhulikhel Hospital can be offered for learning.
Social Work and Monastery Life
The KHCP is happy when monasteries and schools continue to also help the poor local population
Any institute that wants to make use of this fundamental offer is asked to become a member of the KHCP fund, because this is the only way to participate. We ask you to offer accommodation and food free of charge to the doctors and helpers who visit you and help on site.
The school and monastery principals and the student council should discuss membership in advance, so that there will be a mutually shared attitude and motivation.
100% of the donations go to this fund and can be requested and used according to the above modalities.
Policy concerning to all volunteers of the medical camps of KHCP.
Dear friends and volunteers of KHCP,
we have some important information for you concerning health and travel insurance if your participate any of the KHCP medical camps in India or Nepal.
Please make sure that your travel insurance covers all costs in case of sickness, return to your home country and death. We also advise you to have an insurance that covers cases of ocupational disability and an ocupational liability insurance.
Peter and Pia as directors of KHCP advice you to do so.
Please, be responsable yourselves and be aware that KHCP is not liable for any of the above mentioned cases. We are also not liable for any visa issues or problems regarding the administration, accomodation, transport etc. in India.
KHCP is not a travel agency neither do we organize a group travel event.
With kind regards,
the board of directors of KHCP-Karmapa´s Healthcare Project e.V.
Bitte beachten - für alle Helfer der Medizincamps des KHCP.
Liebe Freunde und Helfer des KHCP,
aus rechtlichen Gründen müssen wir Euch auf Folgendes hinweisen!
Bitte stellt sicher, daß Ihr alle eine Auslandskrankenversicherung für Indien bzw. Nepal mit Rücktransport bei Krankheit und Tod habt. Sicherlich wäre auch eine Berufsunfähigkeit und internationale Berufshaftplicht wünschenswert.
Peter und ich haben als Vorstände des KHCP darauf hingewiesen und raten es Euch dringend an.
Bitte seid selbstverantwortlich, denn das KHCP und sein Vorstand übernimmt keine Haftungen, auch nicht für Probleme wegen Visas, den örtlich Administrationen, Unterkunft oder Transporte.
Es handelt sich nicht um eine Gruppenreise. KHCP ist kein Reiseveranstalter.
der Vorstand des KHCP-Karmapa´s Healthcare Project e.V.